I can't believe I'm all ready starting my 5th month of pregnancy. It's amazing how fast time is flying. This week my little boy is the size of a sweet potato.
Baby
Head to rump, your baby is about 5 1/2 inches long (about the length of a bell pepper) and he weighs almost 7 ounces. He's busy flexing his arms and legs — movements that you'll start noticing more and more in the weeks ahead. His blood vessels are visible through his thin skin, and his ears are now in their final position, although they're still standing out from his head a bit. A protective covering of myelin is beginning to form around his nerves, a process that will continue for a year after he's born. If you're having a girl, her uterus and fallopian tubes are formed and in place. If you're having a boy, his genitals are noticeable now, but he may hide them from you during an ultrasound.
Updates
So yesterday I got a phone call from my OB saying that I need a Level II ultrasound. The u/s tech did not take good pictures of the lips, nose, and heart. He said he wasn't concern with the lips and nose but he is concerned at seeing the heart. I guess the heart picture was not clear at all to where he said he couldn't see the ventricles and he really needs to see that. Sounds like it's just a bad photo job and nothing else. I'm hoping that is what it is and the little guy is doing okay. Everything else looks great he said. He was moving a lot on Monday that the tech kept saying she was not getting good measurements because he was never still. I should be getting a call from my OB's office either tomorrow or Monday with my appt for the Level II u/s.
There are days where I feel some aches around my pelvic area. My belly is not that big and all ready I'm feeling aches and pressure. I mentioned that to my OB and he said it's because I'm growing. They don't last very long, just a few minutes.
I've been looking on-line, BRU, and at Target for the bedding. I'm pretty sure I narrowed it down to the winner (see photo below). I've decided that I don't want any themes, no figures, no cars, no trucks, nothing like that at all in the nursery. I just want a plain and simple room. I like chocolate brown, blue, white, and beige and I'm going to design around those colors. I'm getting SO excited to go and shop for the little guy. 
Your probably thinking if we have picked a name for the little guy. John is a junior, so he always said he would like to have the 3rd. But now that we know it's a boy we are having second thoughts about naming him the 3rd. I personally would like the little one to have his own name and not be the 3rd. John said if I don't want him to be the 3rd that he's okay with my decision. So now we are not sure what to name him. There are not many boy names that I like so looks like we have a lot of homework to do. John also wants to keep the name a surprise to the family until he's born.
If you look down below you will see the pictures from my u/s on Monday.
How far along? 18 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: 9 lbs. I did not gain any weight in 3 weeks.
Maternity clothes? Yes but only jeans. I'm still wearing my pre-pregnancy shirts and sweaters.
Stretch marks? No
Sleep: Lately I'm sleeping all through the night without any bathroom breaks. It feels really good to sleep all night. I know those days will be over when the little one arrives.
Best moment this week: To know we are having a little boy.
Movement: He's moving like crazy on the u/s but I can't feel a thing yet.
Food cravings: This week I really haven't had any cravings. I still enjoy granny smith apples.
Gender: boy
Labor Signs: No and hopefully not for a very long time
Belly Button in or out? In
What I miss: Warm spring & summer days
What I am looking forward to: Shopping for the little guy
Weekly Wisdom: Don't think and act like you know the gender of a baby. My mom kept insisting that my baby was a girl and I think she got a little disappointed when she found out it was a boy.
Milestones: Entering the 5th month of pregnancy
Profile picture of our little boy
Another profile picture
Here is the proof that it's a little boy!!! Look at the arrow.
My week 18 belly shot. I'm starting to see that some jeans make my belly look bigger than others. These jeans definitey enlarge my belly quite a bit. I don't think it looks that big in other jeans. 

Park City Utah
4 years ago

3 comments:
you look like you are starting to "pop"! How cute! Congrats on the boy, I dont think I told you before!
Your little belly is too cute! I am praying for you and Baby D!
Congrats on your little boy!!! I'm so happy for you!
Post a Comment