Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Induction has been scheduled!!!

Lately I feel like I've been riding on a roller coaster that just won't stop. Between all the NSTs that my little guy has failed, the high bp, the L&D trips, and all the b/w, I'm glad to say this is all coming to an end.

My OB last week had told me no more NSTs because the little guy has been failing every single one of them. So instead, I was going in for BPP u/s. Well this morning my little guy decides not to cooperate at the u/s and fails the u/s. This kid is not out yet and he's all ready driving me nuts. He was such in a deep sleep that he was not moving nor was he practicing his breathing. I must of been on the u/s machine for 40 minutes and nothing. Eventually he did move, a little, but at least enough to record. His breathing, he did not do and totally failed that part. The u/s tech called up my OB and guess what? He sends me for a NST at the hospital. Are you kidding me? After all the times he's failed that. So I drive to the hospital and go see the nurse. She was all ready waiting for me because my OB had called her to tell her I was on my way. I get on the machine and guess what? Not only did he pass the NST with flying colors, the nurse said that was one of the best NSTs she's ever seen. Do I understand this little boy? So after that I went to go see my OB.

He did another internal and no progress at all. He has no intentions of coming out anytime soon. My OB told me if he had failed the NST as well this morning, that he was going to send me to L&D to be induced today. So the plan is as following; repeat the BPP u/s tomorrow morning. If he fails that, I will be induced tomorrow. If he passes the u/s, I will be induced Friday (August 28 which is my birthday). Thursday night between 6:30 - 7:00 I will have to check myself in in L&D and Friday morning the induction will begin. Looks like my little boy will share his birthday with his mommy. Because my cervix has not made any progress I need to go in the night before so the nurses can start giving me medicine to see if things can progress. My OB said that with everything that has been happening lately and with my history of MTHFR, he doesn't want to wait any longer.

So before this weekend I will meet my little boy!!! I really need to start packing and make sure I have everything ready for the big arrival. I'll keep you all posted on how everything goes tomorrow and the rest of the week.

6 comments:

Shannon said...

Oh wow, I cant believe your little boy will be here by the end of the week. I am anxiously awaiting updates, you are in my prayers!

Shanny said...

Wow, this is so exciting!!! I'll be praying for everything to go smoothly, GL!

Lindsay said...

OMG! I can't believe he will be here so soon.

Angie said...

Yay! I am so excited you get to meet you little man this week. I hope everything goes well and will be saying prayers for you.

Lulu said...

Oh my gosh! I can't believe that you are going to meet your little baby so soon!
Number 1 priority-get lots of sleep!!!! Then do a little packing :)
Can't wait to hear about the birth and see pictures of your little man!!

Jennifer Pemberton said...

Wow! Based on your post, your LO is already here. Congrats! I know how long you've waited for this. Can't wait to see pictures!