Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, January 16, 2009

Week 7 & Belly Shots

I'm 7 weeks today and the baby is the size of a:



Baby
The big news this week: Hands and feet are emerging from developing arms and legs — although they look more like paddles at this point than the tiny, pudgy extremities you're daydreaming about holding and tickling. Technically, your baby is still considered an embryo and has something of a small tail, which is an extension of her tailbone. The tail will disappear within a few weeks, but that's the only thing getting smaller. Your baby has doubled in size since last week and now measures half an inch long, about the size of a blueberry.

Symptoms
I'm starting to feel pretty good now. There are days that I feel more tired than others. I still try to take a nap everyday and I'm in bed asleep by 9:30 the latest. My heartburn has gone away and the upset stomach feeling that I sometimes had is pretty much gone as well. Knock on wood: NO nausea yet, although I know I am not out of the woods yet. My Ob said that around 10 weeks is when it can get pretty bad and I'm 3 weeks away from that. I still keeping praying that I don't get any morning sickness. I'm hungry all the time now. I'll eat breakfast and 2-3 hours after I'm starving again. I'm really trying to eat healthy snacks such as fruit, yogurt, or a belly bar. There are nights where I wake up in the middle of the night completely starving. I've also noticed that during my meals I have a slight bigger appetite now. I'm eating a little bit more than usual. My Ob wants me to start walking and I'm going to start going to the gym next week and walk on the treadmill and do a little elliptical. I can not do free weights or anything like that.

This weekend my in-laws are coming up to visit us. They all ready know that I'm pregnant, John told them over the phone a few weeks ago. It will be nice to see them. I have to say I have a great relationship with my MIL. She's so loving and caring and I do enjoy having her around.

Here are a few belly shots...
Today at 7 weeks


6 weeks


5 weeks

5 comments:

Amy said...

Aww cute belly! :)

Shannon said...

Ohhh you look so cute!

Shannon said...

Aww you look so cute!

Peanut's Parents said...

Yay for belly pics! I'm so excited things are going so well!

Jen (BFP Buddy)

Lindsay said...

super cute belly picts! Glad your feeling well!