Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, May 15, 2009

Week 24, V-Day, & Updates

24 weeks and V-day!!! What a Milestone getting to this point!!!

Baby
Your baby's growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week. That puts him at just over a pound. Since he's almost a foot long (picture an ear of corn), he cuts a pretty lean figure at this point, but his body is filling out proportionally and he'll soon start to plump up. His brain is also growing quickly now, and his taste buds are continuing to develop. His lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help his air sacs inflate once he hits the outside world. His skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon.

Updates
So on Wednesday I met one of the pediatricians that my OB recommended. I sat down with her for about 20 minutes or so and asked her a few questions. I really liked her a lot. The conversation went really well and a lot of my questions just flowed as we were talking. I liked that when he gets sick I can bring him in that same day to be seen by her. They always have nurses on call to answer any type of question you have. You could always ask to speak to her if you don't want to speak with the nurses. Overall I really liked her. I'm meeting the other pediatrician in 2 weeks and let's see how that goes. I think I might have a tough decision at the end.

We finally ordered the furniture!!! I'm SO excited because I kept going back and forth with a few different sets, but that's done. One less thing to worry about. I still have to order the bedding. My baby shower is booked for July 26 and I all ready ordered the invitations for that. Since my mom is in Europe I'm basically planning my baby shower with my Dad. I need to organize my registries and make sure I have everything I want and that I'm not missing anything. I want to send out invitations by early June, especially for John's family who have to travel from NY to MA. I want to give them time to plan for this. So this week was a pretty productive week.

I have another NST on Monday morning. Those are fun because I get to hear the hb for a good 20 minutes which is awesome. So I'm excited just for that.

Weekly Survey
How far along? 24 weeks

Total weight gain/loss: Gained 16 lbs

How much does baby weigh: A little over 1 lb 4 oz now, I'm hoping.

Maternity clothes? Only pants, I'm still getting way with my pre-pregnancy shirts

Stretch marks? No

Sleep: This week it's been tough. John has had a cold and he's keeping me up at night. Hopefully he will get better soon so I can sleep.

Best moment this week: Picking up the baby shower menu and ordering the furniture

Movement: Yes

Food cravings: This week nothing in particular

Gender: boy

Labor Signs: No

Belly Button in or out? In

What I miss: I have to say the warm weather again. It's been a rainy April and May and I'm getting sick of this. I want nice warm sunny weather.

What I am looking forward to: NST on Monday to hear his h/b.

Weekly Wisdom: I don't have one this week.

Milestones: Meeting one pediatrician and V-day!!!


Here are my belly pictures...


2 comments:

Shannon said...

Happy V-Day, you are looking great!

Lindsay said...

Aww, so exciting!! What's your bedroom set look like??