Week 26
Baby
The network of nerves in your baby's ears is better developed and more sensitive than before. He may now be able to hear both your voice and your partner's as you chat with each other. He's inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of his lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when he's born and takes that first gulp of air. And he's continuing to put on baby fat. He now weighs about a pound and two-thirds and measures 14 inches (an English hothouse cucumber) from head to heel. If you're having a boy, his testicles are beginning to descend into his scrotum — a trip that will take about two to three days.
Updates
This morning I had my monthly OB appt and everything went really well. I have officially hit the 20 lb mark, yikes!!! This is my total weight gain, 20 extra lbs. I put on 4 lbs in one month so I'm doing the average of 1 lb per week. The hb was great, although I'm getting so spoiled. I'm so use to hearing the hb for a good 30 minutes a week, that those 10 seconds at the OB is like nothing. He checked my uterus and it's getting pretty big. It's almost up to my boobs all ready. This was my last monthly appt. From here on, I start seeing him every 2 weeks, although my next appt is in 3 weeks because he'll be on vacation. I feel like I'm getting to the final stretch of this pregnancy. On Tuesday, I'm having my glucose test done. I all ready have my lemon-lime drink. Than in 2 weeks I have to go to the hospital to have my Rhogam shot. It just feels like time is just flying right by. I can't believe this is my last week in my 2nd trimester!!!
I've been feeling great as always but I've noticed some new changes. I've noticed that I can no longer bend down as easily as I use to. If I'm sitting on the couch, I need to get to the edge of it in order to stand up. I can no longer see my feet if I look straight down. Thank God the warm weather will be here soon because tying my shoes is starting to become a problem too. And the funny part is that my belly is just going to get bigger and bigger.
So I had an appt to meet pediatrician #2 today, but when I got there she was running an hour behind because one dr called in sick. So I decided to reschedule my appt for June 9. So hopefully I'll be able to meet her than.
Weekly Survey
How far along? 26 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: Gained 20 lbs
How much does baby weigh: About 2 lbs (I'll know for sure on Wednesday at my growth u/s)
Maternity clothes? Yes. My pre-pregnancy shirts are starting to become a little short now. I can definitely see that the belly is pulling them up. I'll be in maternity shirts very soon. I just noticed that in the belly pic this week, you can definitely see how stretchy that poor shirt is. I think it's definitely time to switch, although I have no long sleeve maternity shirts. Come on warm weather!
Stretch marks? No
Sleep: I'm so thankful that I'm still sleeping all night without a bathroom break
Best moment this week: Seeing the delivery room
Movement: Yes. There are days that he is more active than others.
Food cravings: Burger King - Tender Crisp Chicken Sandwich and I did have one this week
Gender: boy
Labor Signs: No
Belly Button in or out? In
What I miss: I have to say the warm weather again. This weather has been so crazy. We have a few couple of warm days and than it's back to high 50s low 60s. I wish it would stay warm and sunny
What I am looking forward to: My growth u/s on Wednesday!!!
Weekly Wisdom: I'm not too good with this category, I seem to never have one.
Milestones: Getting a good nst.
Here is my belly shot....
Park City Utah
4 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment