Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Is she pregnant?

That's the question my father-in-law asked John yesterday. It's very interesting how people observe women and their habits. I knew that my father-in-law would be very suspicious of me. I was the type of person who would never say no to a nice refreshing beer, especially Sam Adams, my favorite. But the minute I arrived in Florida Saturday afternoon, he started noticing that for the first time, I said no to my favorite beer. He offered me beer several times that day and I continued to say no. Sunday morning, another observation, I ordered a decaf coffee. So yesterday, the first opportunity he had with John alone, he asked John the famous question, is she pregnant?

John told him no, but told his dad everything that has been happening to us during the year. He now knows about my miscarriages and my homozygous mutation of MTHFR, and that we are TTC this month. It's kind of weird to know that my father-in-law knows we are TTC.

7 comments:

Mary said...

Maybe it was good for John to be able to talk to his dad about it. I know wha yo mean though.

Hope you are enjoying your vacation!

Shanny said...

Very observant father-in-law. Its good though that John can talk to him about it, at least he wont try to tempt you with a beer now =)

Amanda Ledford said...

I am impressed...very observant! It is good that John now has an outlet to talk about his feelings through all this. I know it has helped my husband that his dad knows all about it.

Tara said...

Wow he was really observant! It's interesting that he actually asked that question! Hope everything else is going well on your vacation!

Lindsay said...

Hahahaha, yeah that's a little bit akward. But at least now you don't have to keep saying no. Hope your having a blast down there!

Amy said...

I also have a very observant FIL but luckily he hasn't figured out that we are TTC. Well at least he hasn't said anything!

Kristin (kekis) said...

I know what you mean! And even random people notice the tinniest things.

I've often wondered if I was always such a drunkard that people automatically assume that I'm pg if I'm not drinking. That and caffeine are sure-fire giveaways that I'm pg. So much so, that I'm considering going on the wagon until we do get pg so people won't know.

Okay, so I am a drunkard. haha!